Items sent within the US through USPS are assigned a unique barcode. Inkit processes USPS barcode scans to provide a comprehensive set of tracking data. You can access this tracking data via our API or Dashboard or get notifications for them by creating webhooks.
Below is a summary of each tracking event and its description:
- Processed - The item has been created and sent to the vendor.
- Mailed - The item has been accepted by USPS and is en route.
- In Transit - The item is being processed at the origin facility.
- In Local Area - The item has been processed at the destination facility.
- Processed For Delivery - The item is ready to be delivered to the nearest postal facility. The actual item should arrive within one (1) business day of this tracking event.
- Re-Routed - The mailpiece is rerouted to a new destination because of address errors, recipient change of address, or USPS relabeling of the barcode area.
- Returned To Sender - The mailpiece has address errors or was undeliverable.
Tracking events will likely not appear for mail sent internationally. International